Friday, November 17, 2017
The UNCG University Libraries will be hosting it's 3rd Diversity and Global Engagement Expo on January 31, 2018 in the Jackson Library. Save the Date! We'll see you soon!
Monday, November 13, 2017
Wednesday, October 25, 2017
The Native American Students Association is sponsoring a panel discussion on "History, Traditions, Sustainability, and Culture" on November 9th from 7-9pm at the School of Education Building, Room 120. Join us!
Wednesday, September 27, 2017
Monday, September 18, 2017
Tuesday, August 29, 2017
About 25.7% of undergraduates at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro self-identity as non-heterosexual or non-gender binary, making queer students the second largest minority group on campus. It is therefore critical that UNCG examine trends in higher education relating to gender, sex, and heteronormativity. To advance this conversation the LEARN Pedagogy Subcommittee will be hosting an Ashby dialogue in the Spring of 2018 to encourage student-driven discourse with faculty and staff in a university-wide forum about state legislation, especially in relation to HB 2, as a media phenomenon and how this affects external and internal perceptions of LGBTQ+ communities. We will be planning the dialogue in the Fall 2017.
We are seeking participants for this Ashby Dialogue—all students at UNCG (graduate and undergraduate), staff, and faculty are welcome.
Participants will engage in the following semester-long series of discussions, presentations, and readings:
- The historical context & development of HB2
- The media’s portrayal of HB2 & its effect on the identities of LGBTQ+ communities
- A summation of the previous dialogues with input from invited speakers
For more information please contact the following:
- To learn more about LEARN contact LEARN Coordinator Brad Johnson, email@example.com
- To participate in planning the dialogue contact Jay Poole, LEARN Pedagogy Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org
- To participate in the dialogue contact Love Odetola, Doctoral Student Research Assistant, CWHW, email@example.com